Well, I've got to figure out how to add to a post that you have saved as a draft. I couldn't add to the previous post. Oh well.
As for the rest of the classes, the "Software for Unit Reports" was an overview of the different software available for tracking achievements and other Scout information. Our Pack currently uses Packmaster, and Packmaster is the one piece of software that was given the highest reviews.
My two "fun" classes were "Dutch Oven Cooking Basics" and "Women in the Wilderness." The cooking class was fun and informative because I have never cooked with a dutch oven while camping and now I know how to do it. You can cook or bake so many different things in one! We tried chocolate chip cookies and minestrone soup that had been made there in a dutch oven. Now our camping menus will be greatly improved now that I know how to use one!
The "Women in the Wilderness" class was interesting because I have never been backpacking before, and now I know exactly what items to bring and an average cost of these items. Backpacking is something that I have always wanted to experience. I also got some recommendations of where to purchase used camping/backpacking gear in Portland used at some great prices!
All in all, the Training Conference was quite beneficial to me. I learned a lot, got to meet and listen to other leaders that have been around much longer than I have, and we got all of our den registered for summer camp already. There were also many vendor booths set up so you could see Scout gear and different places to take your Scouts.
No comments:
Post a Comment